|2018 MARCHING PARENT COMMITTEE CHAIRS|
|Food Coordinator||Dora Coelho|
|Uniform Coordinator||Christine Bertolero|
WELCOME MARCHING FAMILIES!
11/3/18 – Lodi Grape Bowl Competition
After an early morning gathering at SRVHS, the SRVHS Marching Wolves departed for their first Band Competition of the season: “Lodi Grape Bowl Classic”.
We were challenged by having to adjust our performance time once we arrive at the competition – we only had 15 minutes to offload the buses, change into competition uniforms and report to our preparation area. This was almost an impossible task, but our students rose to the challenge.
The “Award Winning” Marching Wolves are proud to announce that we return home with a Second Place Award! (We missed First place by 0.2 points).
Our Drum Major, Kristin Vallejo came in 4th place for Military Drum Majors!
Thank you all for your positive support this Fall.
11/10/18 – Central California Competition
The members of the Marching Wolves and the Jazz Ensemble arrived at school well before 7 AM to organize themselves for the Central California Band Review and Jazz Competition in Merced. After a two hour bus ride, we arrived at Golden Valley High School to compete against over 40 schools from all over the state. Several other outdoor events were cancelled or moved in the greater Bay Area due to the poor air quality (The competition host tried to accommodate several schools who were part of other cancelled events in Napa and Fremont). This weekend, the students had plenty of time to prepare for each competition (Parade, Street Percussion and Jazz).
The “Award Winning” Marching Wolves are proud to announce that we return home with a First Place Award!
Our Drum Major, Kristin Vallejo came in 5th place for Military Drum Majors (out of 25 in her division)
Our Percussion Section, led by Rio Nickerson and Vikram Gopalan, came in 3rd Place in the street percussion category.
Our Jazz Ensemble came in 2nd Place and Andrew Hanze was recognized for an “Outstanding Musician” award.
11/17/18 – NCS Football Game SRV vs. Monte Vista HS – POSTPONED
*** As of 11/15, the Saturday NCS football game has been postponed. ***
It’s not a typo! Just when you thought it was over…the Marching Ensemble has the honor of performing and cheering on SRVHS Football after the day’s earlier competition. Go Wolves!
By now everyone has received the School Loop and District’s email regarding the air quality advisory for November 9th and 10th. As stated in both emails, the playoff football game (SRVHS vs MVHS) originally scheduled for Saturday, November 10 is now rescheduled for Monday, November 12 at 7:00 PM.
The playoff game on Monday will be regular game time:
- There is no pre-game dinner.
- 5:45 PM Roll
- 7 PM Game
Click here for Chaperone Signup
11/26/18 – See’s Candy Delivery – Candy orders can be picked up right after Thanksgiving at the band ramp. Please arrange to pick up large orders from Suzanne Brandt directly.
Japan – June 2019 Instrumental Music Tour!
- Check out the 2019 Japan Tour web page for all the important details and information.
2018-2019 school year
Welcome Marching Ensemble rookies & veterans! We are looking forward to an awesome Fall Marching season.
For general Marching Ensemble questions, please see below for FAQs!
Marching Ensemble Leadership!!
Merced Central California Band Review – November 10
Lodi Grape Bowl Band Review – November 3
Halloween Parades – October 31
Women’s Water Polo – Pep Band – October 25
Alzheimer’s Walk – Pep Band – October 20
SRV vs. De La Salle HS – October 13
8th Grade Band Night
MDA Muscle Walk – Pep Band – October 13
SRV vs Cal High – October 12
Homecoming Parade – October 12
SRV vs Dublin – September 21
Cal Band Day – September 15
Click here to check out the YouTube Video of the Cal Band half-time performance along with high schools from all over California. You can catch a glimpse of SRVHS around 2:25!! Performance songs include “This is me” and “Viva La Vida”.
SRV vs Freedom – September 14
SRV vs Monterey Trail – August 24
Warming up before our 1st home game!
Back-to-School Night — August 14
Welcome Back BBQ — August 10
We enjoyed a Marching Ensemble drill down and performance!
2018 Danville 4th of July Parade
Welcome Color Guard and Marching Band students and families to our Marching Program. Here is some information about the program.
Uniform Order Forms
Color Guard: Click here to print and submit to Uniform Coordinator
Marching Band: Click here to print and submit to Uniform Coordinator
Marching Ensemble Camp
Always held the week prior to school and goes from 8:30am – 2:30pm. This year we realize freshman have orientation on Thursday, August 11th. Please have your student come to the band room as soon as they have finished orientation.
Marching Ensemble Practices
Marching Band and Color Guard is a one semester class. During the fall semester, marching band class/practice is held after school on Mondays and Wednesdays until 5:45pm.
Football Game Days
Here’s a typical schedule for game day:
- 2:55 PM Students report to instrumental music room right after school for practice
- 3:30 to 5:45 PM Students are driven to a Marching Ensemble member’s home for the pregame dinner and returned back to school.
- 5:45 PM – Roll call in the instrumental music room
- 6:00 to 6:30 PM – Band practice. Parent volunteers set up designated marching section in stadium bleachers
- 6:50 PM – Pregame show
- 7:00 PM to end of game – Marching Ensemble performs in stands and half time show.
- End-of-game – Approx. 9:30 PM– Students change out of uniforms and are dismissed around 9:45 pm after a performance debriefing. Parents must plan to be at school before the dismissal time to pick up their student(s).
- After each game (over the weekend) students need to clean their gloves, spats (shoe covers) and polish their shoes. Clean and press the pants as needed. The uniform jackets and other accessories are maintained by the uniform parent team.
Click here to view the ME Game Day Checklist. Includes details on the days activities and what Parent Chaperones help out with.
Students dress up and perform at elementary schools. More details will be provided once schedules are finalized.
We perform in two Marching Band competitions that Marching students are required to attend. These are full day events, with students arriving at school around 6:00am for roll call and boarding buses and returning in the evening (Time determined based on competition schedule). Bus transportation and lunch is provided.
Is your Marching Student Comp Ready?
- Students are expected to arrive Saturday morning with comp ready hair at report time.
- All Wind and Percussion students need to have tight hair off of the jacket collar and neat under their hats.
- Do you have your hair clips and hair net?
- Make-up is not allowed.
- Please make sure your face is make-up free.
- This includes foundation, powder, blush, eye shadow, concealer, mascara, and lipstick.
- You are more than welcome to bring make up to put on after our Marching has finished.
- Make sure they are clean and polished
Spats and Gloves:
- Will come home after Comp and need to be cleaned and returned on Monday.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Gloves, Spats, and other important stuff
Click here for instructions for marching ensemble responsibilities!