|2017 MARCHING PARENT COMMITTEE CHAIRS|
|Food Coordinator||Dora Coelho|
|Uniform Coordinator||Christine Bertolero|
WELCOME MARCHING FAMILIES!
2017-2018 school year
Thank you to all the instrumental music students and their families that supported our Marching Wolves this season!
Welcome Color Guard and Marching Band students and families to our Marching Program. Here is some information about the program.
Uniform Order Forms
Color Guard: Click here to print and submit to Uniform Coordinator
Marching Band: Click here to print and submit to Uniform Coordinator
Marching Ensemble Camp
Always held the week prior to school and goes from 8:30am – 2:30pm. This year we realize freshman have orientation on Thursday, August 11th. Please have your student come to the band room as soon as they have finished orientation.
Marching Ensemble Practices
Marching Band and Color Guard is a one semester class. During the fall semester, marching band class/practice is held after school on Mondays and Wednesdays until 5:45pm.
Football Game Days
Here’s a typical schedule for game day:
- 2:55 PM Students report to instrumental music room right after school for practice
- 3:30 to 5:45 PM Students are driven to a Marching Ensemble member’s home for the pregame dinner and returned back to school.
- 5:45 PM – Roll call in the instrumental music room
- 6:00 to 6:30 PM – Band practice. Parent volunteers set up designated marching section in stadium bleachers
- 6:50 PM – Pregame show
- 7:00 PM to end of game – Marching Ensemble performs in stands and half time show.
- End-of-game – Approx. 9:30 PM– Students change out of uniforms and are dismissed around 9:45 pm after a performance debriefing. Parents must plan to be at school before the dismissal time to pick up their student(s).
- After each game (over the weekend) students need to clean their gloves, spats (shoe covers) and polish their shoes. Clean and press the pants as needed. The uniform jackets and other accessories are maintained by the uniform parent team.
Students dress up and perform at elementary schools. More details will be provided once schedules are finalized.
We perform in two Marching Band competitions that Marching students are required to attend. These are full day events, with students arriving at school around 6:00am for roll call and boarding buses and returning in the evening (Time determined based on competition schedule). Bus transportation and lunch is provided. Signups to chaperone these trips will be at the back-to-school BBQ.
House Band @ Talent Show- April 12
House Band @ East Bay Hospice Store Grand Opening – March 20
Pep Band @ Alzheimer’s Walk in Walnut Creek – October 21
Merced Central California Band Review – November 11
Lodi Grape Bowl Band Review- November 4
Halloween Parade – October 31
SRV vs Dougherty Valley – September 15
SRV vs Foothill – September 8
Welcome Back BBQ — August 10
We enjoyed a Marching Ensemble drill down and performance!