|2018 MARCHING PARENT COMMITTEE CHAIRS|
|Food Coordinator||Dora Coelho|
|Uniform Coordinator||Christine Bertolero|
WELCOME MARCHING FAMILIES!
Instrumental Music Awards Banquet – May 21st
Come celebrate our students and dine with friends. Dinner table seating starts at 6, buffet dinner for those who reserve begins at 6:30, and the awards portion of the evening will begin at 7:15. There will be seats available at 7pm for those who do not purchase dinner, and plan to attend the awards program only. All tickets will be sold online until May 8th here: Awards Banquet Signup Genius
NCS – SRVHS vs Vintage HS – December 1st
Congrats to SRVHS Varsity Football for defeating Vintage HS in the CIF North Coast Section Division 1 Football Semifinals!
Huge shout out to the Marching Wolves for providing the energy and enthusiasm in support of our Football team!!
NCS – SRVHS vs Freedom HS – December 8th
SRVHS Varsity Football defeated the Freedom HS Falcons 28-21 to capture the 2018 CIF North Coast Section Division I Football Championship!
Another huge shout out to the Marching Wolves for making the trek to Heritage HS in Brentwood and supporting our Football team with such heart and soul for such an exciting game – the cold and fog just added to the excitement!
Japan – June 2019 Instrumental Music Tour!
- Check out the 2019 Japan Tour web page for all the important details and information.
2018-2019 school year
Welcome Marching Ensemble rookies & veterans! We are looking forward to an awesome Fall Marching season.
For general Marching Ensemble questions, please see below for FAQs!
Marching Ensemble Leadership!!
Building Bridges – February 20 & 21
NCS Finals – SRV vs Freedom HS – December 8
NCS Semi-Finals – SRV vs Vintage HS – December 1
Merced Central California Band Review – November 10
Lodi Grape Bowl Band Review – November 3
Halloween Parades – October 31
Women’s Water Polo – Pep Band – October 25
Alzheimer’s Walk – Pep Band – October 20
SRV vs. De La Salle HS – October 13
8th Grade Band Night
MDA Muscle Walk – Pep Band – October 13
SRV vs Cal High – October 12
Homecoming Parade – October 12
SRV vs Dublin – September 21
Cal Band Day – September 15
Click here to check out the YouTube Video of the Cal Band half-time performance along with high schools from all over California. You can catch a glimpse of SRVHS around 2:25!! Performance songs include “This is me” and “Viva La Vida”.
SRV vs Freedom – September 14
SRV vs Monterey Trail – August 24
Warming up before our 1st home game!
Back-to-School Night — August 14
Welcome Back BBQ — August 10
We enjoyed a Marching Ensemble drill down and performance!
2018 Danville 4th of July Parade
Welcome Color Guard and Marching Band students and families to our Marching Program. Here is some information about the program.
Uniform Order Forms
Color Guard: Click here to print and submit to Uniform Coordinator
Marching Band: Click here to print and submit to Uniform Coordinator
Marching Ensemble Camp
Always held the week prior to school and goes from 8:30am – 2:30pm. This year we realize freshman have orientation on Thursday, August 11th. Please have your student come to the band room as soon as they have finished orientation.
Marching Ensemble Practices
Marching Band and Color Guard is a one semester class. During the fall semester, marching band class/practice is held after school on Mondays and Wednesdays until 5:45pm.
Football Game Days
Here’s a typical schedule for game day:
- 2:55 PM Students report to instrumental music room right after school for practice
- 3:30 to 5:45 PM Students are driven to a Marching Ensemble member’s home for the pregame dinner and returned back to school.
- 5:45 PM – Roll call in the instrumental music room
- 6:00 to 6:30 PM – Band practice. Parent volunteers set up designated marching section in stadium bleachers
- 6:50 PM – Pregame show
- 7:00 PM to end of game – Marching Ensemble performs in stands and half time show.
- End-of-game – Approx. 9:30 PM– Students change out of uniforms and are dismissed around 9:45 pm after a performance debriefing. Parents must plan to be at school before the dismissal time to pick up their student(s).
- After each game (over the weekend) students need to clean their gloves, spats (shoe covers) and polish their shoes. Clean and press the pants as needed. The uniform jackets and other accessories are maintained by the uniform parent team.
Click here to view the ME Game Day Checklist. Includes details on the days activities and what Parent Chaperones help out with.
Students dress up and perform at elementary schools. More details will be provided once schedules are finalized.
We perform in two Marching Band competitions that Marching students are required to attend. These are full day events, with students arriving at school around 6:00am for roll call and boarding buses and returning in the evening (Time determined based on competition schedule). Bus transportation and lunch is provided.
Is your Marching Student Comp Ready?
- Students are expected to arrive Saturday morning with comp ready hair at report time.
- All Wind and Percussion students need to have tight hair off of the jacket collar and neat under their hats.
- Do you have your hair clips and hair net?
- Make-up is not allowed.
- Please make sure your face is make-up free.
- This includes foundation, powder, blush, eye shadow, concealer, mascara, and lipstick.
- You are more than welcome to bring make up to put on after our Marching has finished.
- Make sure they are clean and polished
Spats and Gloves:
- Will come home after Comp and need to be cleaned and returned on Monday.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Gloves, Spats, and other important stuff
Click here for instructions for marching ensemble responsibilities!