|2021-2022 MARCHING PARENT COMMITTEE CHAIRS|
|Food Coordinator||Position Open|
|Contact here to volunteer|
|Uniform Coordinator||Joyce Roe|
|Marching Ensemble Coordinator||Dave Ikeda|
Please send all correspondence to email@example.com.
WELCOME MARCHING FAMILIES!
October Marching Band Calendar
Please see this link for the October Marching Band Calendar.
Marching Band Camp – 8/2 through 8/6
Check-in at PAC Quad gate closest to the Music Ramp
The Marching Ensemble is back. Join us for the Marching Band Camp from August 2nd through August 6th. Camp will be from 8:30 am to 2:45 pm. Please bring your instrument, mask, hat, water, close-toed shoes, and sun protection to the first day of camp. A lunch break will be provided so please pack a lunch or some money to buy food at the plaza nearby. Meet your new leaders and get ready for some fun as we kick off our 2021-2022 season. Go Wolves!
Marching Ensemble Leadership Announcement
Congratulations to all the new leaders! Please see the link for the 2021-2022 Marching Ensemble Leadership Team. Go Wolves!
Fall 2021 Varsity Football Schedule
August 27 (vs Vintage HS)
September 3 (vs Bishop O’Dowd)
September 24 (vs Las Lomas)
October 22 (vs De La Salle)
November 5 (vs Monte Vista) – Senior Night
Welcome Color Guard and Marching Band students and families to our Marching Program. Here is some information about the program.
Uniform Order Forms
Color Guard: Link to Future Fund Store
Marching Band: Link to Future Fund Store
Please see this link for instructions on hemming.
Marching Ensemble Camp
Always held the week prior to school and goes from 8:30am – 2:30pm. This year we realize freshman have orientation on Thursday, August 8th. Please have your student come to the band room as soon as they have finished orientation.
Marching Ensemble Practices
Marching Band and Color Guard is a one semester class. During the fall semester, marching band class/practice is held after school on Mondays and Wednesdays until 5:45pm.
Football Game Days
Here’s a typical schedule for game day:
- 2:55 PM Students report to instrumental music room right after school for practice
- 3:30 to 5:45 PM Students are driven to a Marching Ensemble member’s home for the pregame dinner and returned back to school.
- 5:45 PM – Roll call in the instrumental music room
- 6:00 to 6:30 PM – Band practice. Parent volunteers set up designated marching section in stadium bleachers
- 6:50 PM – Pregame show
- 7:00 PM to end of game – Marching Ensemble performs in stands and half time show.
- End-of-game – Approx. 9:30 PM– Students change out of uniforms and are dismissed around 9:45 pm after a performance debriefing. Parents must plan to be at school before the dismissal time to pick up their student(s).
- After each game (over the weekend) students need to clean their gloves, spats (shoe covers) and polish their shoes. Clean and press the pants as needed. The uniform jackets and other accessories are maintained by the uniform parent team.
Click here to view the ME Game Day Checklist. Includes details on the days activities and what Parent Chaperones help out with.
Students dress up and perform at elementary schools. More details will be provided once schedules are finalized.
We perform in two Marching Band competitions that Marching students are required to attend. These are full day events, with students arriving at school around 6:00am for roll call and boarding buses and returning in the evening (Time determined based on competition schedule). Bus transportation and lunch is provided.
Is your Marching Student Comp Ready?
- Students are expected to arrive Saturday morning with comp ready hair at report time.
- All Wind and Percussion students need to have tight hair off of the jacket collar and neat under their hats.
- Do you have your hair clips and hair net?
- Make-up is not allowed.
- Please make sure your face is make-up free.
- This includes foundation, powder, blush, eye shadow, concealer, mascara, and lipstick.
- You are more than welcome to bring make up to put on after our Marching has finished.
- Make sure they are clean and polished
Spats and Gloves:
- Will come home after Comp and need to be cleaned and returned on Monday.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Gloves, Spats, and other important stuff
Click here for instructions for marching ensemble responsibilities!