Tokyo ~*~ Kyoto
2019 Japan Performance Tour
June 9-18, 2019
Monte Vista High School
San Ramon Valley High School
Combined Symphonic Band, Orchestra & Jazz Ensemble!
Ed Cloyd & Cheryl Yee Glass, Directors
Tour produced by: World Project Corporation
- Japan 2019 Itinerary (updated 3/31/2019)
|BY||30-Aug-18||Traveler Deposit||US $500
to Oct 15, 2018
|BY||1-Nov-18||Progress Payment #1||US $750
to Dec 15, 2018
|BY||1-Feb-19||Progress Payment #2||US $1250
to Mar 15, 2019
|BY||1-Apr-19||Final Payment||Balance in Full||50% refundable
to Apr 15, 2019
- APRIL 1, 2019 – Final Payment Due
>> March 31st Update:
- Documentation: Thank you to everyone for providing the required documentation and passport information by the due date! We are still in need of passport information from a few travelers so please provide 2 color copies of the personal information page of your passport to your music director as soon as possible.
- Final Invoice: World Projects will be emailing the invoice for the final payment this week (4/1-4/5). Thank you for your patience as World Projects works to finalize the cost of the tour.
- Itinerary: Attached is the final itinerary with our host schools and performance schedule and hotels listed.
Please let us know if you have any questions and enjoy your Spring Break!
>> January 22nd Update:
Hello Japan Tour Travelers!
In just a few short months we’ll be on our musical adventure to Japan! In preparation for our trip we have a few updates and a few forms (linked) required by World Projects which you must compete, sign and return.
- February 1, 2019 – Progress Payment #2 ($1,250 per person) is due to World Projects.
- Estimated number of Travelers – a few of you have asked as to the number of travelers for this trip. Per World Projects, these numbers should be final by the end of January. Currently, the number of travelers is within the 104-114 traveler estimation.
- Final package cost per person – the total package cost and balance will be provided by the April 1, 2019 final payment due date.
- Travelers/Parent Meeting – We are planning a Travelers/Parent Meeting in early April (after spring break). Stay tuned for the date and time.
- Passport Information – For travel to Japan, traveler passports must be valid for the entire duration of your planned stay. If your passport will expire before June 18, 2019, you must renew your passport prior to travel.
If you do not have a passport, apply for your passport NOW.
- Please click here to Apply for a passport or Renew your passport.
All Required Forms are due to the MUSIC DIRECTOR by FEBRUARY 8, 2019.
- An envelope will be available in the SRV Instrumental Music Room where forms can be deposited. Alternatively, forms can be mailed to the following address.
Attn: Japan Tour
P.O. Box 1221
Danville, CA 94526
- PARTICIPANT LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE
– This form is MANDATORY FOR EVERY TRAVELER. Each traveler must sign a copy of this form (a parent or guardian signature is required for all travelers under age 18). The form can be filled out on a computer but must be printed and returned with the appropriate signature.
- MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION, RELEASE AND WAIVER AGREEMENT
– This form is MANDATORY FOR EVERY TRAVELER. Each traveler must sign BOTH pages of this form (a parent or guardian signature is required for all travelers under age 18). The form can be filled out on a computer but must be printed and returned with the appropriate signature.
- REQUIRED TRAVELER INFO
– This form is MANDATORY FOR EVERY TRAVELER. Also, if you’d like to be a chaperone, please circle “chaperone” under Tour Role.
- AIR BAGGAGE FEE POLICY
– This form outlines the policy for checked, oversized and overweight baggage as well as carry-on items. Student Travelers must complete and return page 2 of this form. Page 2 provides us with instrument dimensions to help for space planning with the airline.
- AIR DEVIATION REQUEST FORM
– Travelers wishing to deviate from the group’s confirmed schedule must complete this form. World Projects may be able to accommodate a deviated RETURN air schedule for group travelers (for return airfare ONLY – all other arrangements including accommodations must be made by the deviating passengers). The airline has imposed limits and restrictions to deviations. Travelers wishing to deviate must complete this form. Deviations must be approved by the Music Directors prior to submitting this form to World Projects.
- NOTE: This form is due by FEBRUARY 8, 2019 only if you have a planned deviation. Deviations will be handled on a first come/first served basis and are not guaranteed.
Additional Reference Information:
- TRAVEL INSURANCE SUMMARY 2019
– Summary of travel insurance that is included in the package. Also, World Projects has provided information if you’d like to purchase additional travel insurance.
- For applying or renewing passports, please visit US Passport website
- For more information about travel to Japan, please visit the State Department website
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Carol Ohara – SRV Tour Liaison, Mrs. Glass and/or Kendra Bolt of World Projects.
Looking forward to meeting you all in April for our Traveler/Parent Tour Meeting!
Mrs. Glass and Carol Ohara
>> September 20th Update:
Here is an updated itinerary: Japan 2019 Itinerary
Special note: The departure date has been updated to June 9th. Meeting @ 10:45pm at SFO for June 10th 1:40am flight. The return date is the same – June 18th @ 8:00pm
>> September 10th Update:
We have a Symphonic Band, Orchestra & Jazz Ensemble! Thank you to all who have signed up to travel to Japan! The sign-up forms received thus far have been submitted to World Projects and the next step is to provide your deposit. To secure your spot on the tour, please mail your Traveler Deposit ($500 per person) to the following address. All deposits must be received by World Projects by Monday, September 17, 2018.
Attn: Molly Wenske
601 First Street, Suite 200
Benicia, CA 94510
For those paying by credit card, please contact Molly Wenske with your credit information.
Please note that due to airline scheduling and pricing, the date of the tour has changed to departing on June 10 (SFO-NRT via Taipei) and returning on June 18 (Osaka-SFO via Taipei).
Lastly, please check the Wolf-Tones website for Tour updates.
ARIGATŌ (Thank You!)