Welcome to the Wolf-Tones WebsiteWolf-Tones (officially known as the SRVHS Instrumental Music Foundation) is the music booster group for San Ramon Valley High School supporting the long and illustrious history of instrumental music we are so fortunate to have at this school!
Wolf-Tones Monthly Update – November 2019
Please join us for the next Wolf-Tones Booster group meeting on Monday, December 2nd at 7 pm in the Old Staff Lounge.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR MARCHING WOLVES! The Marching Wolves, led by Drum Major Grace Gilroy, came in FIRST PLACE at the Central California Band Review in Merced! The Marching Wolves Color Guard, led by Color Guard Captain Wajiha Syed, came in FIRST PLACE for Color Guard, and our Marching Wolves Percussion, led by Percussion Captain Vikram Gopalan came in THIRD PLACE for Percussion!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR JAZZ ENSEMBLE! The Jazz Ensemble, led by Andrew Hanze, came in SECOND PLACE for Jazz at the Central California Band Review!
A FANTASTIC JOB BY ALL OUR AMAZING SRVHS MUSICIANS!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR MARCHING WOLVES!! The Marching Wolves were led by our drum major, Grace Gilroy, to another win at the Lodi Grape Bowl Band Review on Saturday 11/1! The Marching Ensemble brought home the 3rd place trophy for their division. Great job Marching Wolves!!
- Note for parents of ME- if you didn’t get a chance to purchase the band professional photo from Lodi’s competition, you can still purchase one from the official photographer for $25 plus S&H. Click here and look for San Ramon. There are 2 photos- a formal and a funny one.
- 11/20 – Marching Formal Pictures – See the Marching Ensemble page to see more details.
11/25-29 – Thanksgiving Break- ENJOY WITH YOUR FAMILIES!
- See’s fundraiser is over for ordering candy- Pick up will be at the band ramp on Dec 2 or on Dec 4.
Please contact Sopheap Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carol Ohara at email@example.com with any questions
- The Marching Band and Orchestra are going to Disneyland in February! We are scheduled to head to the happiest place on earth on 2/13-2/16/2020. See the Marching Ensemble or Orchestra page for more info.
- Our next Wolf-Tones Booster meeting is at 7pm on December 2 in the Old Staff Lounge – Come hear all the details of what is happening in the instrumental music program at SRVHS! Meet Mr Nishida, Chief, and your Wolf-Tones board members. We’d love to see you there!
- Communications changes for Wolf-Tones updates – We have had several issues with emails being bounced back as our email groups are quite large and google thinks we are spamming folks. In light of this, we have decided to change to google groups to send out our large communications. You will receive an email telling you that Wolf-tones Communications SRVHS has added you to a music group. Click on the blue box that says ‘view this group’ to see the messages. This will be our main communication vehicle for all large group emails. Any questions? Please contact our communications coordinator Gabrielle Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Car magnets ($5) and “I’m with the Band” t-shirts ($15) are still available for purchase
- Are you looking for a way to be more involved with Wolf-Tones? Contact Connie or Debbie if you have interest in being an Assistant Marching Coordinator, On-Line Fundraising Coordinator, or a partner to work with the Food Coordinator, Website Manager and Historian/Photographers.
Detailed job descriptions can be found here: Wolf-Tones Job Descriptions
A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR
- Thank you to Sopheap Wong and Carol Ohara for coordinating our biggest fundraiser of the year- our See’s holiday candy sale!
- Thank you to Lorraine Libera, Joyce Roe, Mikala Rivera, Susan Bray, Amy Rickard, and Jenn Cyrnak for helping to get all our ME (and their instruments) to 4 elementary schools on Halloween so they could accompany all those costume parades!
- Thanks to Chief, Carol Ohara, and Sopheap Wong for making the lovely flowers for our seniors for senior night on 11/1
- Thanks to all our wonderful parent chaperones and volunteers for helping at the game on 11/1 and for making sure our visiting middle-schoolers knew where to go!
- A HUGE thank you to the Hooper Family for opening up their home to feed our hungry Marching Wolves! It was very much appreciated by all our kids!
- Thanks to Maren McCarthy, Dana Shaffer, Priya Paryani, Amy Rickard, and Kimberly Tucker for helping Connie and Debbie chaperone our ME group at the Lodi Grape Bowl Band review
- Big thanks to Susan Bray for feeding all our hungry kids in Lodi! And especially for getting Jersey Mike’s to donate ALL the lunches for our 80 member group!
- Thanks to Jersey Mike’s in Danville for donating 80 lunches for our Marching Ensemble and chaperones- please tell them thank you when you go there for lunch or dinner!
- Thank you to the Shaw family for driving our trailer with all the gear to Lodi! There wouldn’t be a parade without you!!
- Thank you to our uniform moms- Christine Bertolero, Joyce Roe, and Lorraine Libera for making sure all 63 ME kids looked absolutely FABULOUS in Lodi!
- A special thank you for our wonderful communications coordinator- Gabrielle Middleton- who has worked so very hard to make sure everyone stays in the loop with all our exciting events!
- Thanks to Chief and Brant for all your amazing work with our kids! We are truly blessed to have such a talented team of hard working musicians to guide our students!
Connie Gazarian & Debbie Koteskey
Complete/Update District Online Volunteer Registration
Please update or create your volunteer registration with Be A Mentor today! Parents interested in helping on campus, at games and parades, chaperoning on field trips, or driving students MUST have the appropriate clearance for SRVHS. We do check these clearances for every event. To update your information or to register, please go to the SRVUSD Volunteer website, click on the “parents and students” tab and follow the volunteer info link. It’s easy and relatively quick.
Remember eScrip and AmazonSmile!
When doing your Holiday shopping this year, don’t forget to help support SRVHS Wolf-Tones financially by taking advantage of eScrip and Amazon Smile to raise funds without any additional expense for you. Your family and friends can help too!
Use eScrip when shopping locally or online to earn money for Wolf-Tones. When you use eScrip’s Online Mall their online retailers give you savings, plus up to 16% back to Wolf-Tones. It features hundreds of stores, including eBay, and major department stores like Macy’s.
Follow these simple steps to start earning money for Wolf-Tones now:
- Log on to eScrip.com using your existing eScrip account if you have one or go to escrip.com and click on “sign-up” and follow directions to create an account.
- Enter “SRVHS” in as the name of the Schools or Nonprofit to support. Select “SRVHS Wolf Tones”.
- Bookmark shopping.escrip.com and use it every time you shop online.
- Or instead of having to shop from the eScrip Mall: From shopping.escrip.com, you can download and install eScrip’s “ForgetMeNot” app on your browser. Once it’s installed you’ll be reminded automatically whenever you’re shopping with a merchant who gives back. Simply click on the eScrip banner that will appear at the top of the web page to earn for Wolf-Tones. It’s free and is easy to install. ForgetMeNot works for most merchants, however some merchants, like Amazon, Target and Home Depot require you to visit the Online Mall before you shop to earn with them.
For additional contributions to Wolf-Tones when shopping or eating out locally, follow the instructions on eScrip to register your existing credit/debit cards.
If you’re a Lucky’s Supermarket shopper, you can earn up to 3% from Lucky by registering at www.escrip.com/shares.
For those of you who shop at Amazon.com, use AmazonSmile instead! Your shopping experience will be just the same, using the same account information and shopping cart. Amazon.com will then contribute 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Follow these simple steps to start earning money for SRVHS Wolf-Tones:
- Logon to smile.amazon.com using your existing Amazon account.
- If this is your first visit to smile.amazon.com, when you’re asked to choose your charity, simply enter “SRVHS” and select “Srvhs Instrumental Music Foundation”
- Bookmark smile.amazon.com and use it every time you shop at Amazon.
Don’t forget about the Corporate Matching Program
We need your help to DOUBLE YOUR DONATION!
If your company participates in Corporate Matching and you haven’t submitted your paperwork yet, please do it soon. Last year we raised over $6,000 in matching funds (free money!) and we hope to do even better this year. If you have questions please contact Kelly Ryan.
Thank you so much for your continued support of our Instrumental Music Program!
As a reminder to everyone, in order to chaperone and/or drive students to music events you must register with Be A Mentor. If you haven’t already done it, get started now at SRVUSD Volunteer website.
Our Wolf-Tones store is now available. You are able to purchase spirit wear, stickers, magnets and other instrumental music items. Click here to enter our store.
Instrumental Music Donations:
Our music program is dependent on class donations to fund all our student activities. Thank you to all the families who donated to our program during registration. We are currently at 68% of our budgeted needs. If you did not have a chance to make your donation please click here to go to our Donations Page for more information and to make your donation.
A Very Special “Thank You” to our
SRVHS Instrumental Music Donors
|Amazon Smile||Cheryl Yee Glass||Pandora|
|Carpet One San Ramon||Hospice Thrift Shoppe||Panera Bread San Ramon|
|Chevron||Ike’s Love and Sandwiches||Peet’s Coffee Danville|
|Classic Graphics||Image Concepts||PG&E|
|Jennifer Cyrnak||Jersey Mike’s Danville||Plestchet Family|
|Danville Rotary Club||Christine Lew||San Ramon Valley Kiwanis Club|
|Esin and Curtis deCarion/ Revel and Esin of Danville||Life Expressions Décor||See’s Candy|
|Dalenberg Family||Lobsang/Tsai Family||Starbucks Rose Garden|
|Discover Danville Association||McElroy Family||The Studio|
|Freiman Family||James McWilliams||Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Rodan & Fields
|Musical Images||Wisser Family|
|Ohara Family||Karen Young|