Welcome to the Wolf-Tones WebsiteWolf-Tones (officially known as the SRVHS Instrumental Music Foundation) is the music booster group for San Ramon Valley High School supporting the long and illustrious history of instrumental music we are so fortunate to have at this school!
Wolf-Tones Monthly Update –
See’s Candy Week 2 Update!
Hello Instrumental Music Families!
It is week 2 of our See’s Candies fundraiser and our candy sales are going strong! Thank you to those students who have shared their ensemble’s Yum-raising link with family and friends.
As mentioned at the launch of our fundraiser, the ensemble with the most sales will win a Grand Prize!
The ensemble leading the candy sales is the Jazz Ensemble!
Each ensemble will have its own link to a See’s Candy Yum-raising Storefront. Just find the link for your ensemble and share it via text, email, and social media (Instagram, Facebook, etc.). It’s that easy.
Link to Jazz Ensemble: https://www.yumraising.com/secure/srvhsimb_srvhs_wolftones_instrumental_music29/candy?h=JazBan7592
Link to Concert Band: https://www.yumraising.com/secure/srvhsimb_srvhs_wolftones_instrumental_music29/candy?h=ConBan7593
Link to Orchestra: https://www.yumraising.com/secure/srvhsimb_srvhs_wolftones_instrumental_music29/candy?h=OrcEns7590
Link to Symphonic Band: https://www.yumraising.com/secure/srvhsimb_srvhs_wolftones_instrumental_music29/candy?h=SymBan7587
Link to Marching Ensemble: https://www.yumraising.com/secure/srvhsimb_srvhs_wolftones_instrumental_music29/candy?h=MarBan7591
Remember that this year candy can be ordered by clicking the Yum-raising link and have it shipped directly to their home! The last day to order candy is December 4, 2020. Also, the money raised will help to support the cost of new music, student resources, professional coaching, guest speakers and so much more.
So please forward the link to friends, relatives, neighbors, teachers, and co-workers so they can order the delicious See’s Candy that so many people love and we can reach our fundraising goal.
Thank you and Happy selling!
LATEST MARCHING ENSEMBLE UPDATES!
Please see the Marching Ensemble page for important updates for this year’s program!
Next Wolf-Tones Booster Meeting – December 7th @ 7:00 pm
Please contact email@example.com to obtain login information for the Zoom call.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO JOIN THE MARCHING ENSEMBLE!
If you are interested in becoming a Marching Wolf please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. As of now, Marching Ensemble is planned for the upcoming 2020-2021 Spring Semester. More details to follow.
Virtual Family Information Night Presentation
2020-2021 Welcome Message
Dear Instrumental Music Families,
As the 2020-2021 school year is almost upon us, I want to be one of the first to welcome you back! For our new families, my name is Brant Nishida and I am the Director of Instrumental Music at SRVHS. I am looking forward to meeting all of our new families and reconnecting with our returning families in just a few short weeks.
The upcoming school year has already turned into the most unique situation I have experienced in my lifetime. Although there is still a great deal of uncertainty, I continue to strive towards the following goals: 1. To make a meaningful connection with each student; 2. To support students as we explore a wide variety of musical genres and topics; 3. Continuing to provide a rigorous music curriculum regardless of the delivery format; and 4. Ensuring that my classroom is a place for safe and healthy learning.
Because of the extraordinary circumstances I will be hosting a Virtual Family Information Night on Thursday, August 6th beginning at 7pm. During this event I will speak about how our music classes will function during remote learning, what student expectations will be, the status of performances/events, and answer any questions you might have. This virtual meeting will be held on Zoom, in order to receive an invitation link please RSVP here: https://forms.gle/Ex9UqFLq8oRCNtrw7
I am extremely excited to get the school year started and work with all of our talented students once again. In the meantime if I can be of any service to you or your family please do not hesitate to reach out to me, I can be reached at email@example.com. I hope all of you have a restful and healthy rest of your summer break and I look forward to seeing you soon!
Director of Instrumental Music
San Ramon Valley High School
P.S. Be sure to follow our Music Program’s Instagram @srvbandandorch
End of the Year Videos
Dear Musical Families,
Welcome in-coming Freshmen and New Students to our Instrumental Music Program at SRVHS!
Please visit our New Student Info tab where you can find all kinds of new student information.
Still have questions? Please email our Music Director (Mr. Brant Nishida at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thank you for joining our last Wolf-Tones meeting of the year via Zoom last week. We are excited to announce our 2020/21 Wolf-Tones board
- Co-Presidents– Connie Gazarian and Debbie Koteskey
- Vice-president– Mikala Rivera
- Treasurer– Karen Wisser
- Secretary– Sarah Van Winkle
- Officer at Large– Carol O’Hara
The following roles are also filled. If you’d like to learn more about any of these positions, or help them in their roles for 2021- please reach out to the parent volunteer, or email email@example.com to get more information.
- Food Coordinator– Susan Bray
- Website Manager– Dave Ikeda
- Marching Uniform coordinator– Christine Bertolero
- Marching Uniform coordinator assistant– Joyce Roe
- Jazz liaison– Diana Nickleson
- Car Wash coordinator– Angelo Vandarakis
- Orchestra liaison/Invitational Band and Orchestra festival– Joanne Sung
- Marching Ensemble Coordinator– Mikala Rivera
- Communications Coordinator– Jill Newton
- Spirit Gear Coordinator– Lorraine Libra
- See’s Candy Fundraiser Coordinators– Carol Ohara and Sopheap Wong
- See’s Candy Fundraiser Coordinator shadow– Dave Ikeda
OPEN COORDINATOR ROLES: The following coordinator roles are not elected jobs, but are just as important to the running of Wolf-Tones. Don’t worry about not knowing what to do, we have wonderful outgoing parents that will train you! They have a wealth of knowledge and ideas that will make it easy for you to take on any one of these roles. Plus, the board is here to support you as well. Please take a moment and consider helping us out with one of these roles, we really can’t run an organization this large without many helping hands! It really does take a village!
- Treasurer Shadow – (OPEN)
- Learn from our current Treasurer (Karen Wisser) so you can step into this role in 2021, and be fully trained and ready to go! Note: Our bylaws prevent Karen from serving in this role over 2 years, so this is the ideal time to learn from our expert!
- Online Fundraiser Coordinator – (OPEN – you can do this role from home in your pj’s)
- Work with Wolf-Tones Board to plan annual fundraiser
- Liaison with local online fundraiser representative for contract and procedures
- Monitor online process and provide status reports to Wolf-Tones Board
- Document process for future fundraisers
- Trailer Manager – (OPEN – we have a binder with instructions for everything that will be needed and the former trailer family will help you learn this role)
- Haul trailer to Marching Ensemble competitions (November) and other events, as needed
- Coordinate trailer access/loading before events with Instrumental Music Director
- Coordinate maintenance needs of the Marching Wolves equipment trailer
- Historian/Photographer – (OPEN – You are probably already at these events watching your student perform. As our photographer, you get a front row seat, or a field pass to all football games and get the best view!)
- Attend and photograph Instrumental Music events throughout the year
- Coordinate with Website Manager to publish photographs on Wolf-Tones website and other school-related sites
- Food Coordinator Shadow – (OPEN)
- We have Susan Bray that will be running this job next year, but as she is the parent of a senior, she will not be around in 2021. This is the perfect time to learn this important role!
- Banquet Coordinator – (OPEN)
- This job has been nearly completely done by our fabulous 2020 Coordinator. The site is booked and the down payment has already been made. All that needs to be done is the final details of the event. This is basically a spring semester role.
Thank you to all our wonderful parent volunteers and we are looking forward to seeing you all again virtually at our next Wolf-Tones meeting on July 28th at 7pm!
SRVUSD update on our schools during COVID-19
We are not certain what the school year will look like in the fall. Click here to read official updates on the district website.
(Please note all events are subject to change and will follow the SRVUSD directives)
- Next Wolf Tones Booster meeting – July 28 at 7pm (most likely via Zoom, look for email updates)
- Band Camp for Marching Ensemble – Aug 3-7 (and possibly Aug 10) –The ensemble will be broken out into groups of 12 and meet for 90-minute increments fully supervised with strict rules in place to maintain safe social distancing practices. Questions or concerns? Please email our Marching Ensemble Director Mrs. Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org
A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR
- All our fabulous volunteers that work tirelessly for our Instrumental Music program at SRVHS. There is no way we could run a program this size with this many talented musicians without all the support of our volunteers!
- And thank you to Mr. Nishida and Chief for all you do every day to help our talented students achieve their best performance always!
Connie Gazarian & Debbie Koteskey
Complete/Update District Online Volunteer Registration
Please update or create your volunteer registration with Be A Mentor today! Parents interested in helping on campus, at games and parades, chaperoning on field trips, or driving students MUST have the appropriate clearance for SRVHS. We do check these clearances for every event. To update your information or to register, please go to the SRVUSD Volunteer website, click on the “parents and students” tab and follow the volunteer info link. It’s easy and relatively quick.
Remember eScrip and AmazonSmile!
When doing your Holiday shopping this year, don’t forget to help support SRVHS Wolf-Tones financially by taking advantage of eScrip and Amazon Smile to raise funds without any additional expense for you. Your family and friends can help too!
Use eScrip when shopping locally or online to earn money for Wolf-Tones. When you use eScrip’s Online Mall their online retailers give you savings, plus up to 16% back to Wolf-Tones. It features hundreds of stores, including eBay, and major department stores like Macy’s.
Follow these simple steps to start earning money for Wolf-Tones now:
- Log on to eScrip.com using your existing eScrip account if you have one or go to escrip.com and click on “sign-up” and follow directions to create an account.
- Enter “SRVHS” in as the name of the Schools or Nonprofit to support. Select “SRVHS Wolf Tones”.
- Bookmark shopping.escrip.com and use it every time you shop online.
- Or instead of having to shop from the eScrip Mall: From shopping.escrip.com, you can download and install eScrip’s “ForgetMeNot” app on your browser. Once it’s installed you’ll be reminded automatically whenever you’re shopping with a merchant who gives back. Simply click on the eScrip banner that will appear at the top of the web page to earn for Wolf-Tones. It’s free and is easy to install. ForgetMeNot works for most merchants, however some merchants, like Amazon, Target and Home Depot require you to visit the Online Mall before you shop to earn with them.
For additional contributions to Wolf-Tones when shopping or eating out locally, follow the instructions on eScrip to register your existing credit/debit cards.
If you’re a Lucky’s Supermarket shopper, you can earn up to 3% from Lucky by registering at www.escrip.com/shares.
For those of you who shop at Amazon.com, use AmazonSmile instead! Your shopping experience will be just the same, using the same account information and shopping cart. Amazon.com will then contribute 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Follow these simple steps to start earning money for SRVHS Wolf-Tones:
- Logon to smile.amazon.com using your existing Amazon account.
- If this is your first visit to smile.amazon.com, when you’re asked to choose your charity, simply enter “SRVHS” and select “Srvhs Instrumental Music Foundation”
- Bookmark smile.amazon.com and use it every time you shop at Amazon.
Don’t forget about the Corporate Matching Program
We need your help to DOUBLE YOUR DONATION!
If your company participates in Corporate Matching and you haven’t submitted your paperwork yet, please do it soon. Last year we raised over $6,000 in matching funds (free money!) and we hope to do even better this year. If you have questions please contact Kelly Ryan.
Thank you so much for your continued support of our Instrumental Music Program!
As a reminder to everyone, in order to chaperone and/or drive students to music events you must register with Be A Mentor. If you haven’t already done it, get started now at SRVUSD Volunteer website.
Our Wolf-Tones store is now available. You are able to purchase spirit wear, stickers, magnets and other instrumental music items. Click here to enter our store.
Instrumental Music Donations:
Our music program is dependent on class donations to fund all our student activities. Thank you to all the families who donated to our program during registration. We are currently at 68% of our budgeted needs. If you did not have a chance to make your donation please click here to go to our Donations Page for more information and to make your donation.
A Very Special “Thank You” to our
SRVHS Instrumental Music Donors
|Amazon Smile||Cheryl Yee Glass||Pandora|
|Carpet One San Ramon||Hospice Thrift Shoppe||Panera Bread San Ramon|
|Chevron||Ike’s Love and Sandwiches||Peet’s Coffee Danville|
|Classic Graphics||Image Concepts||PG&E|
|Jennifer Cyrnak||Jersey Mike’s Danville||Plestchet Family|
|Danville Rotary Club||Christine Lew||San Ramon Valley Kiwanis Club|
|Esin and Curtis deCarion/ Revel and Esin of Danville||Life Expressions Décor||See’s Candy|
|Dalenberg Family||Lobsang/Tsai Family||Starbucks Rose Garden|
|Discover Danville Association||McElroy Family||The Studio|
|Freiman Family||James McWilliams||Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Rodan & Fields
|Musical Images||Wisser Family|
|Ohara Family||Karen Young|