Welcome to the Wolf-Tones WebsiteWolf-Tones (officially known as the SRVHS Instrumental Music Foundation) is the music booster group for San Ramon Valley High School supporting the long and illustrious history of instrumental music we are so fortunate to have at this school!
Wolf-Tones Monthly Update – February 2020
Below is an update on all the wonderful events happening in the instrumental music program at SRVHS. It will be an exciting spring for the music program!
If you would like more information on any of the below events, please feel free to join us at one of our monthly Wolf-Tones meetings- held on the first Monday of every month at 7pm in the Old Staff Lounge at SRVHS. We would love to have your input on how to make our music program even better for all our students! Our next meeting is March 2 at 7pm, and all are welcome to attend.
Congratulations to our very talented SRVHS Jazz Musicians!
Andrew Hanze (Lead Trombone) and Diego Mack (Lead Trumpet) were selected to play in the 2020 Contra Costa County Honor Jazz Band!!
As promised, we have the audio and video from the Winter Concert from the Orchestra, Symphonic, and Concert bands. Enjoy!
- Please CLICK HERE to navigate to the google drive to download the full Concert Band, Orchestra and Symphonic Band concert video recording and/or the individual audio recordings!
- 2/23 – All State String Orchestra
- See our own Hannah Lam perform!
- 2/26 – Jazz Ensemble CWMS Fine Arts Assembly
- 2/26-27 – Building Bridges
our very talented Jazz Ensemble will be performing both nights
at 6:30 pm in the quad
- 2/27 – Orchestra SF Symphony Trip
See Orchestra page for itinerary and to help chaperone!
- 3/2 – Wolf-Tones Board Meeting
7pm in the Old Staff Lounge
- 3/8 – Honor Jazz Concert
at Stanley Middle School in Lafayette @ 3pm
- 3/10 – Area Band Festival
- 3/20 – Santa Cruz Jazz Festival
- 3/30 – Auditions for Jazz Ensemble for all current SRVHS students
please see Mr. Nishida for details
NEWS & OPPORTUNITIES
- We have been blessed to have the wonderful Shaw and Jim Lacey as our current Marching Ensemble trailer parents! But, as they are the parents of a graduating senior, we are looking for a new set of parents with a truck that are willing to help us next year. There are 2 competitions in the fall, and we will tell you everything you need to know beforehand. If you are interested, please let Debbie (Debbie.email@example.com) or Connie (firstname.lastname@example.org) know.
- We are in the middle of selecting new and improved music apparel/swag for our parents and students to purchase. If you would like to be on the committee that will select these new items, please reach out to Jenn Cyrnak (at email@example.com) or Christine Bertolero at (firstname.lastname@example.org) as they are heading up that committee.
- We will be having elections for our 2020/21 Wolf Tones officers in the spring. Please take a look and check out some of the jobs you might be interested in holding next year, we need each family to help by volunteering some time, and we have big or small jobs available (you don’t need to take an officer role). It takes a village to keep our wonderful program going to support all our very talented students! Detailed job descriptions can be found here: Wolf-Tones Job Descriptions or reach out to Debbie or Connie for more information.
A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR
- A HUGE thank you to Michelle Vejby our Disney Tour coordinator this year. Michelle has worked tirelessly to ensure this trip is a wonderful and memorable experience for all our ME students that are attending!
- Thanks to all our parent chaperones and trailer drivers for the Disney tour, we couldn’t make it work without you!
- And thank you to Mr. Nishida and Chief for all you do every day to help our talented students achieve their best performance always!
Connie Gazarian & Debbie Koteskey
Complete/Update District Online Volunteer Registration
Please update or create your volunteer registration with Be A Mentor today! Parents interested in helping on campus, at games and parades, chaperoning on field trips, or driving students MUST have the appropriate clearance for SRVHS. We do check these clearances for every event. To update your information or to register, please go to the SRVUSD Volunteer website, click on the “parents and students” tab and follow the volunteer info link. It’s easy and relatively quick.
Remember eScrip and AmazonSmile!
When doing your Holiday shopping this year, don’t forget to help support SRVHS Wolf-Tones financially by taking advantage of eScrip and Amazon Smile to raise funds without any additional expense for you. Your family and friends can help too!
Use eScrip when shopping locally or online to earn money for Wolf-Tones. When you use eScrip’s Online Mall their online retailers give you savings, plus up to 16% back to Wolf-Tones. It features hundreds of stores, including eBay, and major department stores like Macy’s.
Follow these simple steps to start earning money for Wolf-Tones now:
- Log on to eScrip.com using your existing eScrip account if you have one or go to escrip.com and click on “sign-up” and follow directions to create an account.
- Enter “SRVHS” in as the name of the Schools or Nonprofit to support. Select “SRVHS Wolf Tones”.
- Bookmark shopping.escrip.com and use it every time you shop online.
- Or instead of having to shop from the eScrip Mall: From shopping.escrip.com, you can download and install eScrip’s “ForgetMeNot” app on your browser. Once it’s installed you’ll be reminded automatically whenever you’re shopping with a merchant who gives back. Simply click on the eScrip banner that will appear at the top of the web page to earn for Wolf-Tones. It’s free and is easy to install. ForgetMeNot works for most merchants, however some merchants, like Amazon, Target and Home Depot require you to visit the Online Mall before you shop to earn with them.
For additional contributions to Wolf-Tones when shopping or eating out locally, follow the instructions on eScrip to register your existing credit/debit cards.
If you’re a Lucky’s Supermarket shopper, you can earn up to 3% from Lucky by registering at www.escrip.com/shares.
For those of you who shop at Amazon.com, use AmazonSmile instead! Your shopping experience will be just the same, using the same account information and shopping cart. Amazon.com will then contribute 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Follow these simple steps to start earning money for SRVHS Wolf-Tones:
- Logon to smile.amazon.com using your existing Amazon account.
- If this is your first visit to smile.amazon.com, when you’re asked to choose your charity, simply enter “SRVHS” and select “Srvhs Instrumental Music Foundation”
- Bookmark smile.amazon.com and use it every time you shop at Amazon.
Don’t forget about the Corporate Matching Program
We need your help to DOUBLE YOUR DONATION!
If your company participates in Corporate Matching and you haven’t submitted your paperwork yet, please do it soon. Last year we raised over $6,000 in matching funds (free money!) and we hope to do even better this year. If you have questions please contact Kelly Ryan.
Thank you so much for your continued support of our Instrumental Music Program!
As a reminder to everyone, in order to chaperone and/or drive students to music events you must register with Be A Mentor. If you haven’t already done it, get started now at SRVUSD Volunteer website.
Our Wolf-Tones store is now available. You are able to purchase spirit wear, stickers, magnets and other instrumental music items. Click here to enter our store.
Instrumental Music Donations:
Our music program is dependent on class donations to fund all our student activities. Thank you to all the families who donated to our program during registration. We are currently at 68% of our budgeted needs. If you did not have a chance to make your donation please click here to go to our Donations Page for more information and to make your donation.
A Very Special “Thank You” to our
SRVHS Instrumental Music Donors
|Amazon Smile||Cheryl Yee Glass||Pandora|
|Carpet One San Ramon||Hospice Thrift Shoppe||Panera Bread San Ramon|
|Chevron||Ike’s Love and Sandwiches||Peet’s Coffee Danville|
|Classic Graphics||Image Concepts||PG&E|
|Jennifer Cyrnak||Jersey Mike’s Danville||Plestchet Family|
|Danville Rotary Club||Christine Lew||San Ramon Valley Kiwanis Club|
|Esin and Curtis deCarion/ Revel and Esin of Danville||Life Expressions Décor||See’s Candy|
|Dalenberg Family||Lobsang/Tsai Family||Starbucks Rose Garden|
|Discover Danville Association||McElroy Family||The Studio|
|Freiman Family||James McWilliams||Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Rodan & Fields
|Musical Images||Wisser Family|
|Ohara Family||Karen Young|