Welcome to the Wolf-Tones WebsiteWolf-Tones (officially known as the SRVHS Instrumental Music Foundation) is the music booster group for San Ramon Valley High School supporting the long and illustrious history of instrumental music we are so fortunate to have at this school!
Wolf-Tones Monthly Update – November 2018
Some say it’s “No-Shave November”…we prefer to think of this month as “No-Shortage of Music Infusion November!” Our talented musicians are very busy spreading good music all over the state…check out some of these traditional performances…
11/3/18 – Lodi Grape Bowl Competition
After an early morning gathering at SRVHS, the SRVHS Marching Wolves departed for their first Band Competition of the season: “Lodi Grape Bowl Classic”.
We were challenged by having to adjust our performance time once we arrive at the competition – we only had 15 minutes to offload the buses, change into competition uniforms and report to our preparation area. This was almost an impossible task, but our students rose to the challenge.
The “Award Winning” Marching Wolves are proud to announce that we return home with a Second Place Award! (We missed First place by 0.2 points).
Our Drum Major, Kristin Vallejo came in 4th place for Military Drum Majors!
Thank you all for your positive support this Fall.
11/5/18 – Wolf-Tones Board meeting at 7pm in the Old Staff Lounge.
All welcome to attend, meet your board and Mrs. Glass, and hear about program business. Sometimes there are snacks…
11/10/18 – Central California Competition
The members of the Marching Wolves and the Jazz Ensemble arrived at school well before 7 AM to organize themselves for the Central California Band Review and Jazz Competition in Merced. After a two hour bus ride, we arrived at Golden Valley High School to compete against over 40 schools from all over the state. Several other outdoor events were cancelled or moved in the greater Bay Area due to the poor air quality (The competition host tried to accommodate several schools who were part of other cancelled events in Napa and Fremont). This weekend, the students had plenty of time to prepare for each competition (Parade, Street Percussion and Jazz).
The “Award Winning” Marching Wolves are proud to announce that we return home with a First Place Award!
Our Drum Major, Kristin Vallejo came in 5th place for Military Drum Majors (out of 25 in her division)
Our Percussion Section, led by Rio Nickerson and Vikram Gopalan, came in 3rd Place in the street percussion category.
Our Jazz Ensemble came in 2nd Place and Andrew Hanze was recognized for an “Outstanding Musician” award.
11/17/18 – NCS Football Game SRV vs. Monte Vista HS-POSTPONED
*** As of 11/15, the Saturday NCS football game has been postponed. ***
It’s not a typo! Just when you thought it was over…the Marching Ensemble has the honor of performing and cheering on SRVHS Football after the day’s earlier competition. Go Wolves! See more information on the Marching Ensemble page.
11/26/18 – See’s Candy Delivery – Candy orders can be picked up right after Thanksgiving at the band ramp. Please arrange to pick up large orders from Suzanne Brandt directly.
NEWS & OPPORTUNITIES
- Do you have an item you’d like to donate for the Winter Concert Silent Auction? Gift cards, themed baskets and other creative ideas are always welcome. Please contact Kathy if you’d like to contribute something for this concert.
- Do you like to plan parties? Have a creative and fun way of decorating tables at dinner parties? Wolf-Tones is looking for a parent or two to help with the Annual Spring Awards Banquet. The venue is booked, menu set…all you need to do is help with coordinating dessert, the décor, and final payment. Many resources are available to help you. Please contact Kathy if you have interest in helping with this fun event. The format is practically the same every year…all you need to do is follow the playbook…. Detailed job description can be found on the Volunteer Opportunities Page.
A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR
- Yongmei Xu, for taking some awesome photos of the Marching Band at the Homecoming Parade!
- The Gazarian and Cushing/Vallejo Families, for hosting delicious pre-game dinners for the Marching Band!
- Suzanne Brandt and Sopheap Wong, for dedicating many hours to the annual See’s Candy Sale!
- Jim and Shaw Lacey, for prepping the trailer and making some needed repairs prior to the first competition road trip!
- Connie Gazarian and Dora Coehlo, for coordinating the Jazz Ensemble’s performance and snacks at the Run for Education!
- All of our wonderful parents who continue to support our music program through your many volunteer hours, memberships and donations. We welcome new memberships and donations all year long. If you’re a new member, please pick up your complimentary “I’m with the Band” t-shirt from Jennifer Cyrnak. Shirts, magnets, stickers, spring concert CD’s/DVD’s and Mrs. Glass’s personalized wine cork ornaments will be available at the winter concert on December 11th.
Thank you very much,
Kathy Hanze & Linda Dalenberg
San Ramon Valley & Monte Vista HS Instrumental Music are Heading to Japan!
The 2019 Japan Performance Tour
June 9 – 18, 2019
We have a Symphonic Band, Orchestra & Jazz Ensemble! Thank you to all who have signed up to travel to Japan!
We set up a new web page dedicated to the 2019 Japan Tour updates and information
Complete/Update District Online Volunteer Registration
Please update or create your volunteer registration with Be A Mentor today! Parents interested in helping on campus, at games and parades, chaperoning on field trips, or driving students MUST have the appropriate clearance for SRVHS. We do check these clearances for every event. To update your information or to register, please go to the SRVUSD Volunteer website, click on the “parents and students” tab and follow the volunteer info link. It’s easy and relatively quick.
Remember eScrip and AmazonSmile!
When doing your Holiday shopping this year, don’t forget to help support SRVHS Wolf-Tones financially by taking advantage of eScrip and Amazon Smile to raise funds without any additional expense for you. Your family and friends can help too!
Use eScrip when shopping locally or online to earn money for Wolf-Tones. When you use eScrip’s Online Mall their online retailers give you savings, plus up to 16% back to Wolf-Tones. It features hundreds of stores, including eBay, and major department stores like Macy’s.
Follow these simple steps to start earning money for Wolf-Tones now:
- Log on to eScrip.com using your existing eScrip account if you have one or go to escrip.com and click on “sign-up” and follow directions to create an account.
- Enter “SRVHS” in as the name of the Schools or Nonprofit to support. Select “SRVHS Wolf Tones”.
- Bookmark shopping.escrip.com and use it every time you shop online.
- Or instead of having to shop from the eScrip Mall: From shopping.escrip.com, you can download and install eScrip’s “ForgetMeNot” app on your browser. Once it’s installed you’ll be reminded automatically whenever you’re shopping with a merchant who gives back. Simply click on the eScrip banner that will appear at the top of the web page to earn for Wolf-Tones. It’s free and is easy to install. ForgetMeNot works for most merchants, however some merchants, like Amazon, Target and Home Depot require you to visit the Online Mall before you shop to earn with them.
For additional contributions to Wolf-Tones when shopping or eating out locally, follow the instructions on eScrip to register your existing credit/debit cards.
If you’re a Lucky’s Supermarket shopper, you can earn up to 3% from Lucky by registering at www.escrip.com/shares.
For those of you who shop at Amazon.com, use AmazonSmile instead! Your shopping experience will be just the same, using the same account information and shopping cart. Amazon.com will then contribute 0.5% of your eligible purchases. Follow these simple steps to start earning money for SRVHS Wolf-Tones:
- Logon to smile.amazon.com using your existing Amazon account.
- If this is your first visit to smile.amazon.com, when you’re asked to choose your charity, simply enter “SRVHS” and select “Srvhs Instrumental Music Foundation”
- Bookmark smile.amazon.com and use it every time you shop at Amazon.
Don’t forget about the Corporate Matching Program
We need your help to DOUBLE YOUR DONATION!
If your company participates in Corporate Matching and you haven’t submitted your paperwork yet, please do it soon. Last year we raised over $6,000 in matching funds (free money!) and we hope to do even better this year. If you have questions please contact Marisa Martin.
Thank you so much for your continued support of our Instrumental Music Program!
As a reminder to everyone, in order to chaperone and/or drive students to music events you must register with Be A Mentor. If you haven’t already done it, get started now at SRVUSD Volunteer website.
Our Wolf-Tones store is now available. You are able to purchase spirit wear, stickers, magnets and other instrumental music items. Click here to enter our store.
Instrumental Music Donations:
Our music program is dependent on class donations to fund all our student activities. Thank you to all the families who donated to our program during registration. We are currently at 76% of our budgeted needs. If you did not have a chance to make your donation please click here to go to our Donations Page for more information and to make your donation.
A Very Special “Thank You” to our
SRVHS Instrumental Music Donors
|Amazon Smile||Cheryl Yee Glass||Pandora|
|Carpet One San Ramon||Hospice Thrift Shoppe||Panera Bread San Ramon|
|Chevron||Ike’s Love and Sandwiches||Peet’s Coffee Danville|
|Classic Graphics||Image Concepts||PG&E|
|Jennifer Cyrnak||Jersey Mike’s Danville||Plestchet Family|
|Danville Rotary Club||Christine Lew||San Ramon Valley Kiwanis Club|
|Esin and Curtis deCarion/ Revel and Esin of Danville||Life Expressions Décor||See’s Candy|
|Dalenberg Family||Lobsang/Tsai Family||Starbucks Rose Garden|
|Discover Danville Association||McElroy Family||The Studio|
|Freiman Family||James McWilliams||Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Rodan & Fields
|Musical Images||Wisser Family|
|Ohara Family||Karen Young|